I am so pleased I came across this pattern for the Christmas Crochet Character Afgan . It has taken many hours but it is finally done and I am so pleased with it. I decided to a a crochet bobble border, which also took a very long time. The pattern can be found HERE
So, my biggest project ever has taken me just over two and a half months. Everyone in my house has gone to bed and I had to share. I know many of you will understand what it is from my sneak preview! I will take photos tomorrow.
I made this crochet alpine shawl a while back and thought I would finally blog it. Back in March I bought the yarn to make this shawl from Etsy, the link for the shop is HERE.
It took 300g to make, it turned out to be rather enormous (which I love), it measures approximately 2m by 1m.
I pinned it up on the cabin wall to take a photo, I think it may stay there for a while, it looks great as a wall hanging. This is the pattern I used to make it PATTERN
We are so pleased with our Dunster house log cabin! Everything was just as they said, there were no problem parts and there were no missing parts. It went together so easily.
I love going down the garden in the evening to watch the television, sew and crochet. My husband has not been banned, some of his books down there too!
The reason this post is so late is that I have been super busy with work. Even marking has been made easier when I go down to the cabin, it is so peaceful, there are no distraction, marking is done in half the time, a slight exaggeration there!
We are also pleased that the went for the fully insulated option, yes it was slightly more expensive, but I really do feel that we will be able to use the cabin all year round! I am already planning for Christmas!
I did not post yesterday as I was feeling a little disheartened by the progress we were making and there was not a great deal to show you. We had problems with the instructions and our ability to follow them! Then followed a problem with missing insulation, the place we ordered it from had run out (please note this was NOT Dunster House) and only delivered seven sheets instead of the nine that we needed, this meant we had to go and get some more from elsewhere.
Not sure why the time lapse videos are not showing as videos, the links are below.
So here we are at day two, another longish day. Things are going well, like anything new, the time is in the planning and preparation. Dad and I finished the base this morning and the construction has begun! The instructions from Dunster House are great and easy to follow so it is clearing up any questions. The floor insulation system we are using is NOT from Dunster House. I am posting all the pictures from today, there are a few bread baking picture in the middle, mum has be great at keeping the children entertained and handing us floorboards. I have done a Time Lapse of the whole day but I am battling editing it at the moment, I hope to do it tonight.